That’s it…you’re done. Done trying to promote to potential business partners.
You are that man/woman stuck on the mountain all by yourself.
After years of struggle and no results, you’re probably thinking it’s no use. You might as well return to the 9-to-5 grind, the commute, the cubicle.Recruiting is an agony that you just can’t seem to resolve. You feel like a failure with every no.Click To Tweet
People ignore you, they walk away. They tell you that you’re not doing the right things. But even the so-called right things don’t work.
It’s just no use. This network marketing thing can’t be done by the little guy. You need a 50,000 member email list like the big dogs. There’s no chance for the every day Joe.
But don’t throw in the towel just yet!
Recruiting Myths the Gurus Tell You
It’s easy and sure, you can do the same thing they do! Except you don’t have the following or the contacts. So is it easy? Yes and No… Let’s look at the myths they try to sell you on!
- Talk to everyone and share your story. In other words, pester your friends, families, neighbors and strangers on the street. Eventually you’ll get a yes. You’ll sure get a lot of no’s…but that one yes will be so worth it. Sounds like a great idea, right? Wrong!!!
- Networking is building relationships. Recruiting is a process. You have to walk the walk…be a product of your product and company. You need to instill trust in those you talk with. Just coming out with, Hey, I’ve got this great opportunity that’s going to make you loads of money is not going to cut it.
- You’re a failure. If you’ve ever worked alongside a big marketer, they will make this look like child’s play, while you continue to flounder and…yes, fail. And that big marketer, what are they doing to show you the right way? Probably not anything. You fail…or let’s say you just don’t produce recruits and customers, your big marketer friend is going to disappear and you may never hear from them again.
- You need a huge email list. An email list is extremely helpful but even building that takes a very long time. Even a small list can be lucrative if you know how. It’s necessary to learn how to build an email list then how to treat that list with respect. Again, this is about building trust with your followers. If you don’t do that, then you have nothing to work with.
The Recruiting Myths Busted
- There’s nothing easy about recruiting. Let’s be straight here. This is a hard business to crack. Not only do you need to recruit partners who want to invest in themselves and join, but you still have to be promoting to potential customers. You are always on the selling end of things. Not outright sales, but you are having to sell yourself to people. They need to know, like and trust you. This does not happen overnight.
- Pick your prospects carefully. Rather than talking to every Tom, Dick, and Harry…be choosey. Talk to people that express a need or struggle that you or your business could help them with. Talk to the people that have an interest. Don’t be nagging and running after all your friends and family. Before you know it, they will all be running away when they see you coming.
- As long as you are in the arena, you are not a failure. Let me reiterate this statement. Get in the fray, jump into this industry and give it all you’ve got. Trying, trying and trying again is not failing. Failing is giving up. And many people give up before they even give it a chance.
- Anyone can recruit but it takes time and knowledge. You don’t learn how to drive a car overnight. You won’t learn the nuances of recruiting in a week’s time, either. This is a learning process with a pretty steep curve. Focusing and being determined is the tried and true method.
Best Practices for Recruiting (Let’s Not Burn Our Bridges)
Don’t Spam either with email, private messages or posts. People are turned off by this method and will ignore you…or send you hate mail. Don’t be that guy/gal that’s a spammer.
Marketing Groups are useless. Wow, 40,000 people in a marketing group. Looks like a great place to promote, right? Actually not, because those are ALL marketers trying to sell their products and recruit for their business.
Build relationships. There is just no short cut here. You have to be real and let people see who you are. You have to care about people and what they need way before your needs can come to the forefront.
Keep steady traffic to site. Moving traffic through your site through blog posts, social media, and paid traffic or solo ads and directing them to a solid landing page is most important in keeping your sales funnel open and functioning.
Email autoresponder is necessary to stay in touch with your list. No matter if you have a 100 person list or a 50,000 person list…you need to communicate with those people regularly.
Learn how to reach business partners by connecting with their pain points. Customers and potential business partners are all struggling
Stand Up To The Fear and Reach Your Recruiting Goals
Up to this point you’ve struggled with recruiting business partners and you’re discouraged, ready to throw in the towel.
This is not the time to give up.
Take the tips I shared with you to move forward and focus on your goal. You’ll get a lot of no’s but those will help you learn. Learning this process takes time, some will succeed faster and some will go it slowly.Giving up is not an option … it wasn’t for me and shouldn’t be for you. Click To Tweet I know you can do exactly what I’ve done and be successful.
Are you ready to make a change in your prospecting efforts? Awesome!! Let’s get to work!!!